My voice is advocating for staying in the PC(USA) but I move forward with this blog in the same spirit of open conversation, trust and transparency approved by the Presbytery of Los Ranchos.
We, the Presbytery of Los Ranchos,
- Authorize the Strategic Coordinating Team to develop initial recommendations for a process and guidelines for discernment of the heart of our congregations and our Presbytery in this time. These recommendations will be brought to Presbytery at the November 2012 meeting. The process will address how to equip congregations and the Presbytery:
- To define and actively pursue our missional purpose
- To develop theological clarity on the issues that both inspire and challenge our ministry together
- To explore and define the nature of our connectionalism and ecumenical cooperation in new ways
- To explore and clarify the purpose of presbytery in this new environment
- To suggest ways that congregations can discern their call, including the possibilities of reaffirming their commitment to the PC(USA) or seeking alignment with other denominations.
- Affirm that congregations and pastors in the Presbytery of Los Ranchos are encouraged to have these open conversations within and among themselves on all issues without fear of negative repercussions as we want to cultivate trust through transparency.